Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Lisa Nucera


We asked each student/Spirit of Place participant to respond to the same questions to reflect on their experience so far...and now we give you...Lisa Nucera:


What is your favorite thing about Inishturk so far?
Vv ggh oiioioiiuouohh (in translation:  her new BFF, Ellen O'Toole, who commandeered the iPad keyboard.  Ellen is the adorable and irrepressible 9 year old daughter of Gus O'Toole.)

What would be one distinguishing characteristic of the Irish people that you’ve met?
They are all very positive and kind. Not one Irish person while being here has been in a bad mood. Any time we do something wrong on site, they are always willing to teach us how to do it the correct way. 

Most surprising thing you’ve experienced?
The weather. I knew it would be like nothing I imagined, but the sharp rain and extreme wind is like walking in a hurricane. 

Favorite food so far?
Bannoffee. By far. It is a toffee pie with banana cream on top and it was sooooooooo good.

Words to evoke the five senses of Inishturk…Sight, smell, taste, sound, touch…sixth sense? 
Green, fresh air, bannoffee, bahhhhh, stones, fairies (obviously)

How will you see stones differently from now on?
I will constantly be fitting them with other stones in my head like Tetris

If you had to pack all over again, what would your bring more of and less of?
I would pack my own hairbrush, which I forgot, so I've been borrowing Erica's.  I would pack more SD cards, because I am really nervous I'll run out of room on my 8 gig card. And I would pack less tank tops, because I didn't need all of them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment